Bandra East Mumbai
The project encouraged the formation of self-help groups among slum women.
The goals of these groups are focused on building and supplying joint savings accounts, and on creating joint income generating activities.
- Members can request a loan from their group according to their needs (business, education, housing, medical expenses, etc.).
- These groups started commercial activities such as:
- sewing/embroidery/recycling of old saris,
- canteens / snacks / food supplements for children,
- manufacture of soaps / incense sticks / spices, etc.