Rosey Concert Hall
A gala evening to celebrate IFPD’s 20th anniversary took place on October 25th, 2019, at the Rosey Concert Hall in Rolle (Switzerland).
- Concert given by the acclaimed violinists Gilles Apap and Michael Guttman, accompanied by the Menuhin Academy Orchestra
- Two renowned Indian musicians, Guru Susanta Chowdhury (sitar) and Pandit Parimal Chakrabarty (tabla), will momentarily join the concert performers
- Event supported by Michèle et Bertrand Piccard
- Cocktail dinner prepared by IFPD beneficiaries in collaboration with students of the Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne and the start-up Siradis
- Tombola with many attractive prizes
- Profits of the event will be allocated to IFPD projects
Gilles Apap is a French violinist. In addition to his virtuoso performances of masterpieces from the classical repertoire, he has a taste for traditional folk music, jazz, blues, Irish fiddle, Indian music, Gypsy and Acadian music. He is also very much involved in training young musicians.
Michael Guttman is a violinist, conductor and musical director of many festivals around the world. He is also head conductor of the Napa Valley Symphony in California, artistic director of the Crans-Montana Classics in Switzerland, the Odessa Classica in Ukraine, the Made in POLIN Festival in Warsaw, and co-director of the Printemps du Violon in Paris.
Bertrand Piccard is the initiator and visionary behind Solar Impulse, the first airplane fitted to fly perpetually without fuel. Through Solar Impulse, his ambition is to leverage a pioneering spirit in support of renewable energies and clean technologies. With his dual identity as medical doctor and explorer, Bertrand is recognized among the most distinguished institutions across the globe as a forward-thinking leader for progress and sustainability.